Objective: Managing daily accounting task
- 3+ Years of relevant experience in the oil and gas industry
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like Sage and Quick Books.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
– Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, and tax requirements. (Remittance of taxes to the state board of internal revenue)
– Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice (Monthly & Annually)
– Report to management regarding the finances of the establishment- preparing monthly/quarterly in-house statements of accounts as well as annual accounts & reports.
– Preparation of fixed asset schedule
Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
– Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
– Full participation in monthly and annual stock taking
– Costing of product/preparation of cost price calculations
– Provide internal and external auditing services for the company and give required recommendations. (LIRS, FIRS)
– Carry out special investigative assignments authorized by management
– Perform other assignments/duties as required by management.